Thursday, February 21, 2008

foods

I've never been much of a carnivore -- most meat doesn't appeal -- but sometimes I do eat chicken or some seafood. So I'm far from being a proper vegetarian, but I will occasionally cook like one. At the moment, I'm addicted to tofu scrambles at breakfast time. I think it's the way the tofu soaks up the flavor of whatever it's cooked with that has me so crazy about them.

Anyhow, this one from 101cookbooks.com has got to be my absolute favorite thus far. I forgot the pistachios, and I left the fennel out (not a fan of anything that tastes like licorice), but it's a fabulous recipe altogether. The garam masala (and a cup of thoroughly sugared-and-milked Lady Grey tea) is a wonderful thing to wake up to.

The other recipe I'm over the moon about right now is Oonagh Williams' apple cake:




I'm planning on trying a cupcake variation. Wish me luck!

No comments: